Middlemarch is a natural environment consultancy
At Middlemarch, we’re dedicated to helping businesses protect the natural environment and reverse the UK’s decline in biodiversity. We have a large, expert team, offering a wide range of highly specialised skills.
We’re passionate about nature and pragmatic about the fact that change happens. We understand that homes have to be built somewhere and that infrastructure projects are sometimes necessary. We help private and public sector businesses assess, plan and implement developments in ways that protect and enhance the environment and improve biodiversity.
Whatever sector you work in, and whatever the size of your challenge, we’ve got the qualifications, the accreditations and the hands-on expertise to help you meet your legal and regulatory obligations, make informed decisions about the environment and reconnect with the natural world.
A UK-WIDE WILDLIFE TRUST CONSULTANCY
Middlemarch was set up in 1991 and is wholly owned by Warwickshire Wildlife Trust, part of a federation of 46 Wildlife Trusts across the UK dedicated to championing the recovery of biodiversity, connecting people with nature and combatting the climate emergency.
Middlemarch’s expert team of over 100 natural environment professionals operates throughout the UK. We also collaborate closely with other Wildlife Trust Consultancies, allowing us to provide national coverage with local expertise.
Each month Middlemarch completes more than 300 ecological and biodiversity projects nationwide for developers, landowners, utility companies, architects and local authorities.
Middlemarch is based in Coventry, and also has an office in Ashbourne and regional teams around the UK, so we can provide national coverage as well as local expertise.
We find the right balance
- We strive to find the delicate balance between the needs of the natural world and the needs of our clients.
- We also seek to ensure balance in the way we operate, so our people are healthy and feel able to manage their work and lives in the right way.
We are adaptable
- We search for the right solution and are prepared to challenge to get the right outcome.
- We seek new opportunities to develop and grow ourselves, and our business.
We work with care
- We work with care and attention in the interests of our clients, the natural environment and the communities affected by our work.
- We look out for each other and help colleagues to perform at their best.
We build strong relationships
- Our business relies on strong relationships, so we take time to understand our clients and each other.
- We seek to gain trust through open, honest dialogue and feedback.
We deliver excellence
- We take pride in our expertise and deliver to the highest standards on every project.
- We keep ourselves up to date with the latest thinking in our specialisms and share that insight with each other and clients.
Memberships and accreditations
Our expert team hold the necessary memberships, accreditations and licences to ensure we are well placed to provide the support that you need.